Monday, August 20, 2012

Shooting The Speed Shoot Challenge in the Dark

I took the Challenge one step further to demonstrate how shooting in the dark can be difficult. Shooting in the dark adds a whole new degree of difficulty. I used a Streamlight TLR-1 LED Rail Mounted light on the Glock 19 which makes it much easier than using a hand held light, but still hard none the less. Shooting in the dark is just plain awkward. If you have never tried it give is a shot some time. Make sure you have practiced your gun handling skills, because this is where your engraved safety skills are really going to pay off. Granted, I know where the targets are and I am not doing any movement in this video above. So, in reality it is fairly easy. NOW, take a look at the video below. This is a "Blind Stage" that I shot at a 3 gun match a few years ago. A "Blind Stage" means that you are not allowed to look at the stage setup AND you do not know howmany of the targets are in the stage. Plus I had to break a door with an SBR (Short Barreled Shotgun) for the 1st time ever. Talk about awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment